Want to have the celebrity style pony tail?
Well, it’s a great fix during a bad hair day. Cover it up with a pretty tail with these red carpet-inspired tricks.
1. Use a paddle brush to remove any tangles, then comb your hair straight back so that you don't have a part.
2. Now tip your head back, and gather strands into a ponytail. Leaning creates volume plus prevents part lines and bumps.
3. When gathered hair is level with your eyes, secure it with an elastic band. Wrap it tight (shoot for three loops) so that the band doesn't sag and look sloppy. Then take small chunk of strands and wrap it around the elastic band, securing it with a couple bobby pins.
4. Style your bangs — don't slick them back into the ponytail. And let short layers hang naturally, rather than forcing them into the elastic. A wispy, piecey look is sexy.
5. Section off the tail into three parts, and wrap each around a curling iron for 10 seconds. Gently brush out the curls for a bouncy, total bombshell effect.
6. To fight frizz, pat a drop of John Frieda Root Awakening Strength Restoring Smoothing Lotion, $6.49, over your finished style.
That’s it! Try it and let’s see how many camera clicks you’ll get. :)